Sunday, October 14, 2007

Where are all the people

Today we had our auction for the Congregation B’nai Zion Sisterhood. Why is it that in any organization there only a few people that step up to the plate. This auction was well publicized both by us and by the Sisterhood committee. In spite of that there were very few people at the auction. We did have some of our regular auction goers there but most of the congregation was not. I really felt sorry for my friends Annalie and Joan. They worked so hard on this auction. I know we made them some money but with a little more support we could have done a lot better.

We did have a good time. Neil turns into a stand up comedian when he auctions. Today he was in rare form. His much older sister was there and he did give her a hard time. Sorry Arlene you know he loves you.

I did get a very good deal on a weight machine, flat screen monitor, and some new J.A. Henckels knives. The weight machine is on my patio because I don’t have room for it. Neil has the monitor. The knives might get used some day.

2 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Its a sad fact that more people will talk a good game than will play one. I am as guilty, on occasion, as anyone else.
I think the Internet has been both a blessing and a curse for charitable organizations. It's so much easier to send a donation on-line than to actually show up at an event and participate.
I'm sure you all did your very best to make it a success. All you can do is be grateful for the ones who did show up and hope for a better turn out next time.

Jeannie said...

It's that Neil in the pic? Hi, Neil.

Thanks for your efforts. Even though there was a small turnout, your hard work does make a difference.