Monday, February 4, 2008

I'll see your Willie and raise you a Hank

If you went to Texas Tech in the early '60s there were two songs that were your theme songs if you were a s__t kicker. Under stand as a guy you were either a s__t kicker or a sod buster. Of course we girls wanted to hang out with the kickers because they were the ranchers and knew to take their hats off in doors. Unfortunatly there is no version of the first one on Youtube in its original form. If your interested Look up " Big Balls in Cowtown" by Hoyle Nix. Now that is a classic.

Hank Thompson - Six Pack To Go

This is the second one. I don't want you to think I lived by this song. I don't even like beer but I like the song. Now who says I don't know old country.




Holly this ones for you. The only Willie song I really like.

7 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Hey pam! Actually I know that "Big Balls in Cowtown" song. Well, Pete knew it already, so now I do too.

Thanks for the Willie song. Like I said, you can't go wrong with Willie, if you're into that sort of thing.

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Forgot to say, I like that "Six Pack to Go" song, too. Would have liked to put up more of the classic stuff on that blog I did, but youtube didn't have some of what I wanted. Might do another one of the "Women of Classic Country" or something.

I think my next music blog will be about 70's funk and R&B, tho. I love that stuff.

pamwax said...

Pete is my man. Does Pete know this one.

"Are you a turtle"

Some Kinda Wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Pete says he don't know that one. He also says he likes Kenny Chesney's "Shift Work".

pamwax said...

I am glad to here that Pete has such good taste in music.

waxmaniac said...

How in God's name did I spring forth from your redneck loins?